An Emeritus identification card for you entitles you to: a) discounts at the University bookstore, b) reduced prices for season tickets to theatre and athletic events, c) faculty privileges in campus recreation programs, and d) free admission to the Museum of Natural History and Utah Museum of Fine Arts. For more information on how to get your Emeriti UCard, see below.
Beyond these opportunities, emeriti card holders are entitled to the following:
- Tuition-free enrollment in University and Osher Lifelong Learning classes (Osher fee applies but no tuition)
- Free parking in campus “Visitor” lots*
- Half-price University parking permits through Commuter Services
- Free admission to Preview Night Performance of main stage productions of Pioneer Memorial Theatre
- Discounts arranged by the Emeriti Club, such as the special activities published in the Newsletter
*All lots are automated. Register your car license plate(s) (max. 2) with Commuter Services, firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your name, emeritus ID number and license plate(s). Parking is then a matter of entering the automated lots and leaving when you are finished.
How to get an Emeriti UCard During Quarantine Conditions
Currently, because of Coronavirus closures and other restrictions on campus functions, UCard Offices recommend that applications be made electronically. When you apply online, you will have to attach a mug shot photo of yourself, for use on the card. The UCard Office will not be able to mail the card to you when it is ready. You will have to pick it up at one of the two UCard Offices. There is one in the Student Union on the ground floor near the billiard tables, and another in the Hospital. For more information about those locations and their office hours (currently limited because of COVID 19), visit: UofU UCard Offices. That link can also be accessed here: https://ucard.utah.edu/.
Ryan Fletcher, of the UCard office, explained to the Board that UCards can be left at the Union front desk, when ready to be picked up, during the week, or Emeriti members may come in on Wednesdays when the office is open for walk in service.
Need to get an Emeritus UCard?
- Your Emeritus UCard: if you already have a UNID (a University ID number), you will only have to provide that number at a UCard office to obtain an Emeritus card. An easy way to do this is to visit the UCard office after a Professor Emeriti Club luncheon; there is a convenient office on the basement floor, near the billiard tables, of the Student Union Building. For more information on the UCard offices and location, visit: UofU UCard Offices.
- Professors Emeriti Club spouse card:
- If your spouse already has a UNID, visit the UCard office together with that number and you should be able to both get Emeriti Club cards at that time.
- If your spouse does not have a UNID, there is an extra step. Email the information listed below* to Megan Ludlow, email@example.com. Once that is submitted, we will generate a form that requests that your spouse also have a University of Utah id number. The new spouse ID number will be emailed back to you to present at a UCard office to obtain an Emeritus spouse UCard.
*To get an Emeritus Spouse Card ID number, send the following to generate your spouse a new UNID number so to get an Emeritus spouse UCard.
LAST NAME (REQUIRED)
FIRST NAME (REQUIRED)
LAST 4 DIGITS OF SSN
PREVIOUSLY ISSUED UNID N/A-IF YOUR SPOUSE HAS A UNID, YOU DON’T NEED THIS FORM (SEE ABOVE)