An Emeritus identification card for you entitles you to: a) discounts at the University bookstore, b) reduced prices for season tickets to theatre and athletic events, c) faculty privileges in campus recreation programs, and d) free admission to the Museum of Natural History and Utah Museum of Fine Arts. For more information on how to get your Emeriti UCard, see below.
Beyond these opportunities, emeriti card holders are entitled to the following:
- Tuition-free enrollment in University and Osher Lifelong Learning classes (Osher fee applies but no tuition)
- Free parking in campus “Visitor” lots*
- Half-price University parking permits through Commuter Services
- Free admission to Preview Night Performance of main stage productions of Pioneer Memorial Theatre
- Discounts arranged by the Emeriti Club, such as the special activities published in the Newsletter
*All lots are automated. Register your car license plate(s) (max. 2) with firstname.lastname@example.org at Parking Services. Provide your name, emeritus ID number and license plate(s). Parking is then a matter of entering the automated lots and leaving when you are finished.
Need to get an Emeritus UCard?
- Your Emeritus UCard: if you already have a UNID (a University ID number), you will only have to provide that number at a UCard office to obtain an Emeritus card. An easy way to do this is to visit the UCard office after a Professor Emeriti Club luncheon; there is a convenient office on the basement floor, near the billiard tables, of the Student Union Building. For more information on the UCard offices and location, visit: UofU UCard Offices.
- Professors Emeriti Club spouse card:
- If your spouse already has a UNID, visit the UCard office together with that number and you should be able to both get Emeriti Club cards at that time.
- If your spouse does not have a UNID, there is an extra step. Send the information listed below* to Jane Laird, Jane.Laird@utah.edu. Once that is submitted, we will generate a form that requests that your spouse also have a University of Utah id number. The new spouse ID number will be emailed back to you to present at a UCard office to obtain an Emeritus spouse UCard.
*To get an Emeritus Spouse Card ID number, send the following to generate your spouse a new UNID number so to get an Emeritus spouse UCard.
LAST NAME (REQUIRED)
FIRST NAME (REQUIRED)
LAST 4 DIGITS OF SSN
PREVIOUSLY ISSUED UNID N/A-IF YOUR SPOUSE HAS A UNID, YOU DON’T NEED THIS FORM (SEE ABOVE)
For more information on Emeriti Benefits: