Senate Ad Hoc Committee for Divestment and Reinvestment Investigation (SAHCDRI) serves to inform the Academic Senate with regards to the divestment of its endowment fund on best actions that balance the economic, ethical, community, and environmental concerns of the university. It is hosting a series of Town Halls to get community input. The meeting link is here. Click here for the UofU Community Feedback Form.
Town Halls will be held from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM the following dates:
- August 31st
- September 21st
- October 26th
- November 30th
- December 21st
- January 11
Governing Document: University Policy 6-002-III-D-2-b: The Academic Senate
Powers and Duties
- Investigate how our university endowment fund is invested in the fossil fuel industry and how different levels of divestment and responsible reinvestment options would affect various sectors on campus
- Host campus-wide information panels and discussions at least once a month which shall be open to the campus community
- Draft a full report and 10-year proposal regarding the next steps for the Academic Senate
The Committee is composed of 16 members, including 8 voting career-line and tenured faculty, 3 voting student representatives, and 5 non-voting members representing each of the President’s Office, the Investments Office, the Sustainability Office, the ASUU Sustainability Board, and the Staff Council.
SAHCDRI Annual Reports
Report Outline Available here.
- Financial analysis from the 2016 committee that recommended no divestment (pg.6) https://uofu.box.com/s/ka16feh5v2fayzsgzwiqxb1npoie8jp7
- Financial analysis from the 2016 committee that recommended divestment (pg.5) https://uofu.box.com/s/kaobb4vdpco1tbohy4407llpyejshvs4